Who is defined as a specialist Chronic Wounds? Why does a person with a chronic wound has to see a wound specialist,and what are the options available? All of the answers – in this article.
A specialist in hard-to-heal wounds is a medical practitioner (nurse /physician) who has undergone training in treatment of hard-to-heal (chronic) wounds.
A few words about Chronic Wounds
There are a variety of types of hard-to-heal wounds, such as diabetic ulcers, pressure wounds, vascular wounds, non-healed surgical wounds and more.
According to a well-known worldwide statistics, at any given moment, 2% of the population Chronic Wounds, and the statistics in Israel are probably similar. Caregivers, who are qualifiedin treatmentof these wounds, can play a significant role in improving the quality of life of population segment, suffering from hard-to-heal wounds.
Who is a Chronic Wounds specialist?
The Chronic Wounds care discipline is an emerging field,both in Israel and worldwide.
Worldwide – There are dedicated specialties within wounds field, which fall under the category of Wound Care Specialist.
In Israel – physicians, who areresponsible for treatment of variety of wounds,are: an orthopedist, plastic surgeon and a vascular surgeon, as well as nurses defined as wound trustees or wound nurses in community clinics, hospitals, private clinics and services. It should be noted that these professionals specialize in a particular field and are not familiar withall aspects of world of wounds.
When a nurse or a physicianis interested to specialize in wound field, there are field relatedcoursesat several community and hospital institutions. Moreover, since 2018, extensive and dedicated internship courses for nurses have begun, focused on treatment of Chronic Wounds. The courses are taking placewithin several hospitals around the country.
The importance of clinical experience and frequent and consistent wound care is an integral part of being a qualified professional wound care practitioner,as well constantly being up-to-date with wound care research, treatments and technologies.
Why should I get consultation and treatment by a wound care specialist?
A person, who suffers from a wound, which is not cured after approximately 3-4 weeks of conventional treatment, is advised to turn to a wound care specialist for evaluation and treatment.
The practitioner in this field will be able to make a more accurate diagnosis of the wound, involve multidisciplinary medical personnelif required, provide relevant knowledge and guidance to the patient and his family with regard to wound care and wound prophylaxis and recommend the suitable treatment for the wound.
Where can I find a service of a Chronic Wounds specialist?
A wound care counseling and treatment for Chronic Wounds service can be found at:
• High standard private medical services such as the service we offer – “Healing Wounds”
• In hospitals – as part of wound care clinics or nurse counseling within the ward.
• In HMO’s – within wound care clinics or home care units
What does a wound healing service offer?
• Personalized, focused and close wound care
• We reach patient’s home or medical institution, where they reside – saving you time and trouble
• Examination and consultation by wound nurse or physician
• Adaptation of treatment, using advanced dressings and technologies
• Fulltime and accurate guidance with regard to treatmentmanner and follow up
• Close telephone accompanimentin between visits
• High availability
• Guidance for further tests and inquiries as needed
• Building up a multidisciplinary team treatment plan as needed
• Adjustment of advanced prophylactic accessories, according to patient needs
>>> We will be glad to aid you in finding the right solution for you – for free consultation, call: 08 – 3760017 or leave details in our web site >>>